The Haryana State Legal Services Authority (HSLSA) is primarily intended to provide free and competent legal services to the weaker section of society. It is also meant to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen for reasons of economic or other reasons. Besides, HSLSA is also entrusted with the responsibility to organize Lok Adalats to ensure that the operation of the Legal System promotes justice on the basis of equal opportunities.
HSLSA had set up a stall in the Surajkund craft mela to make the general public aware of their legal rights. This stall was operational till 4th April 2022. The stall was operated by the Panel Advocates and Para Legal Volunteers of the District Legal Services Authority, Faridabad. Panel lawyers and para legal volunteers were deputed at this stall to help them know their legal rights. Legal aid was provided at this stall by filling out the application form there. In addition, a poster on the topic of the rights of girls was designed and prepared by the authority, which aimed to create awareness about the legal rights of girls, including the right to free legal aid, right to education and right against child marriage.
The following dignitaries visited the camp and our students got the opportunity to meet them:
- Hon’ble Justice Pramod Goyal, District & Session Judge, Member Secretary (HSLSA) Panchkula
- Hon’ble Justice Augustine George Masih, Executive Chairman, Judge High Court of Punjab & Haryana
- Hon’ble Justice Jasmin Sharma, Additional Session Judge, Special Court POSCO
- Hon’ble Justice G.S. Sandhawalia, High Court of Punjab & Haryana, Chandigarh
- Sh. Rohan Hooda, Deputy Supt. Neemika Jail (Faridabad)